3 Things You Need to Consider:
- The quantity of leaves you put in. Around 1 tablespoon per cup.
- Water temperature – let the water cool a bit. No scalding hot water. For nice green or oolong teas wait until there is no more steam coming off the top of the kettle before you pour over the leaves.
- Steep times:
- Around 3-5 min for black and oolong teas.
- Around 4-6 min for herbal teas.
- Around 2-3 min for green teas.
If You Want Your Teas Stronger:
- Add more tea leaves instead of steeping for longer.
- If you steep longer with caffeinated teas, you’ll likely end up with a bitter, over-caffeinated cup.